Call for Application to Study PhD in Cyber Security at ACETEL
Call for Application to Study PhD in Cyber Security at the Africa Centre of Excellence on Technology Enhanced Learning (ACETEL), National Open University of Nigeria.
The Africa Centre of Excellence on Technology Enhanced Learning (ACETEL), National Open University of Nigeria, is pleased to invite qualified and interested
candidates to apply for scholarship to study PhD in Cyber Security by submitting a Research Proposal for the thesis entitled: ‘A Secure Data-Centric Architecture for Digital Learning’
The emergence of the Corona Virus (COVID 19) pandemic prompted several Universities across the world and particularly in West Africa, to switch to the digital
learning space as their mode of service delivery. Typically, a huge volume of sensitive data is generated in the course of the online interaction between lecturers and students in the digital learning space. At the core of this mode of learning, are the issues of secure data management and effective mechanisms for authentication and authorisation of endusers. This increased participation of schools in the digital learning space has given rise to the high exposure of the massive volume of sensitive data to various forms of cyberattacks. Although researchers have designed architectures for securing data in the digital learning space, yet, existing architectures have been ineffective for protecting data in this setting. Consequently, this research seeks to design and implement an effective
data-centric architecture for a digital learning system.
Supervisor: Dr Vivian Nwaocha, Africa Centre of Excellence on Technology Enhanced Learning, National Open University of Nigeria
Co-supervisor: Dr Jules Degila, African Centre of Excellence in Mathematical Sciences and Applications, University of Abomey-Calavi, Republic of Benin
Other contributors on the PhD supervision: Dr Adebukola Onashoga, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria
Eligibility of candidates: All the requirements for admission into PhD in Cyber Security at ACETEL
Additionally, candidates must submit an explicit Research Proposal of not more than 6,000 words highlighting the following: background, problem statement based on current related works, objectives, expected results, proposed methodology, planned activities for the duration of the PhD and references.
Duration of Scholarship: 3 years
Grant: Doctoral Programme of the ACE-Partner DSTN project, 540 euros. The DSTN Project will also sponsor internship for Masters students
The deadline for the application of the DSTN Scholarship is 31st December, 2020.
- All Ph.D. candidates must upload the concept note of their research interest in not more than 5500 words.
- ACETEL will offer scholarship to suitably qualified candidates. Please visit ACETEL website at www.acetel.nou.edu.ng for the Scholarship Application Form and further details.
- Enquiries on ACETEL Programmes, Scholarship as well as the DSTN Scholarship should be forwarded to ACETEL email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08123030665
- For national students, application form cost N20, 000.00 and N30, 000.00 for MSc and Ph.D. programmes respectively.
- For international students, application form cost $155 and $233 for MSc and Ph.D. programmes respectively