ACE Impact Achievements as of April 2021
Status of Students, Research Publication and Internships
Project implementation support
The Regional Facilitating Unit (RFU), which is the AAU, had made significant progress in the development of the Digital Reporting System for the ACE Impact Project. In addition, the RFU, supported the verification, quality checking and reviewing of the 53 ACE Centers’ websites.
Help desk assistance was also provided for centers who needed capacity building on quality website designs. The RFU developed 10 newsletter articles about the project and nurtured the ACE Impact Online Community of Communication Officers by sharing information for wider dissemination.
Lessons learned so far
• Given the diversity and the complexity of stakeholders, timely planning for ACE supervision missions will remain critical for the project to be a success
• Continuous reference to and use of the ACE Impact Project Operations Manual by centers could enhance efficiency and timely delivery of outputs
• Some project disbursement linked results (DLRs) require more time to enhance their understanding because milestones associated with them are unique to each center/university. These DLRs include DLR 7 (institutional impact), DLR 5.3 (entrepreneurship), and DLR 4.3 (learning infrastructure).
• The ACE Impact project is dynamic, and the digital MEL system needs to be flexible and adaptable to the emerging needs but within the ACE impact project guidelines
• Consultations, Feedback and Learning on the implementation process will remain useful strategies for improvement.