The Regional Water and Environmental Sanitation Centre Kumasi (RWESCK) is a Regional Centre of Excellence at the Department of Civil Engineering, College of Engineering of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana. The Centre specializes in the delivery of high-quality post-graduate programmes at the PhD and MSc level as well as professional development courses in Water and Sanitation. As part of its mandate, the Centre engages in high quality research in water and environmental sanitation relevant to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Africa Union Agenda 2063. RWESCK has strong local academic and industrial partners as well as solid international relations with top Universities across the globe.
RWESCK intends to harness the expertise of local and international faculty members and entrepreneurs to collaborate with the Centre to deliver high quality academic, research and entrepreneurial activities for mutual benefits.
The Centre therefore has the pleasure to invite eligible applicants, both local and international as Fellows of the Centre.
Eligible candidates should have the following minimum qualification;
- A PhD in a discipline related to the research themes of the Centre;
- Theme 1: Innovative Water Treatment Technology
- Theme 2: Innovative Water Distribution and Smart Technology
- Theme 3: Environmental Sanitation and Waste Management Technology
- Theme 4: Climate Resilience and Water Resources Management
- Theme 5: Water and Sanitation Governance
- Relevant professional experience related to the above themes
- Must have supervised both undergraduate and graduate students
- Must have publications in high impact journals
- Must demonstrate evidence of grantsmanship
- Must demonstrate strong linkages with local and/or international partners
- Applicants with a minimum of Masters degree but have a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in entrepreneurship or business development will be considered. Such applicants must show evidence of business incubation, innovations and technology development in areas related to the above themes.
Eligible candidates would be required to collaborate with the Centre in one or more of the following areas;
- Joint supervision of postgraduate students
- Joint publications
- Delivery of PhD and MSc course
- Design and delivery of short courses
- Delivery of technical workshops and webinars
- Grant writing
- Intellectual Property/Patent
- Mentoring of Early Career Faculty
- Mentoring of PhD and MSc students
- Community engagement
Interested applicants should submit their application via the link (Here!) by Monday, November 30, 2020.