Center Title and Acronym: Center of Excellence in Oilfield Chemicals Research (CEFOR)
Host University and Country: University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Center Website Address: www.aceuniport.org
Primary Thematic Discipline of Center: Oilfield Chemicals Research
Brief Description of Center:
The Center of Excellence in Oilfield Chemicals Research (CEFOR), University of Port Harcourt, was established in 2013, to offer international graduate programmes for sustainable development in the petroleum industry. The Center, with funding from the World Bank, aims to address regional development challenges in the oil and gas industry. CEFOR is well positioned to deliver professional and high quality service to the industry through capacity building and cutting edge technology. The center has national accreditation for all 12 of its post graduate programmes.
Key Objectives and Expected Outcomes:
CEFOR’s key objectives include:
- Promoting home grown and regional research networks that will develop human capital in Africa.
- Strengthening human capacity and serve as training hub for Oil and Gas industry workforce in Africa.
- Filling gaps in labor market demands for skills within these specialized areas.
- Increasing capabilities of faculties and students in Africa through quality postgraduate education, knowledge transfer and internship programmes.
- Running short courses in Petroleum Engineering and related disciplines.
MajorAccomplishments to Date:
- 37 of the 1st set of ACE-CEFOR PhD students admitted held their convocation on the 25th of March, 2017.
- 208 M.Sc. students graduated from the different Centres that make up CEFOR
- Through the University/industry-partnership efforts, we have completed the Center’s laboratory facilities.
- The University/Industry-partnership efforts have also helped us to complete the 2-storey building to house the ACE-CEFOR.
- Commissioning of NLNG Centre/mini-modular refinery.
- First International Conference on Oilfield Chemistry and Flow Assurance (Oilflow -2015)
- 70 new PhD students admitted for the 2016/2017 session
- The Center received national accreditation from the National Universities Commission for 12 of its post graduate programmes in April 2017.
- The Center carried out an international gap analysis in June 2017.
Primary Regional and Global Partners:
- IFP School, Ecole du Petrole et des moteurs, Cedex France.
- Total E& P Nigeria LTD
- University of the Witwatersrand, Richard Ward, 1 Jan Smuts Ave, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2000, South Africa
- College of Engineering, Kwameh Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi, Ghana
- Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture(RUFORUM), O Box 16811 Wandegeya | Kampala, Uganda
- University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya
- Moi University , Eldoret, Kenya
|Senior Faculty||Email Address||Research Area|
|Prof. Mike Onyekonwuemail@example.com||Reservoir Engineering|
|Prof. Joseph Ajienka||Joseph.firstname.lastname@example.org||Production Engineering|
|Prof. Onyewuchi Akarantaemail@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org||Oilfield Chemistry|
|Prof. Godwin Chukwuemail@example.com||Petroleum Engineering|
|Prof. Ogbonna Joelfirstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com||Oilfield Chemicals/Drilling Fluids|
|Prof. Gideon Okpokwasilifirstname.lastname@example.org||Microbiology|
|Prof. Julian Osujiemail@example.com||Oilfield Chemistry|
|Prof. Francis Sikokifirstname.lastname@example.org||Animal & Environmental Biology|
|Dr. Sunday Ikiensikimamaemail@example.com||PVT Correlations|
|Prof. Gideon Abufirstname.lastname@example.org||Microbiology|
|Dr. Herbert Stanleyemail@example.com||Microbiology|
|Prof. Omowumi Iledarefirstname.lastname@example.org||Petroleum Economics|
|Prof. Olalekan Olafuyiemail@example.com||Petroleum Engineering|
|Prof. Adewale Dosunmufirstname.lastname@example.org||Drilling Engineering|
|Prof. Ify Nwaogazieemail@example.com||Civil Engineering|
|Prof. Michael Otifirstname.lastname@example.org||Petroleum Geoscience|
|Prof. Franklin Chukwumaemail@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org||Chemical Enginnering|
|Prof. Emenike Wamiemail@example.com||Chemical Engineering|
|Prof. Leo Osujifirstname.lastname@example.org||Pure & Industrial Chemistry|
|Prof. Ovie Abayehemail@example.com||Pure & Industrial Chemistry|
|Prof. Benjamin Ndukwufirstname.lastname@example.org||Plant Science and Biotechnology|
|Dr. James Abosedeemail@example.com||Pure & Industrial Chemistry|
|Prof. Osei-Wusu Achawfirstname.lastname@example.org||Chemical Engineering|
|Prof. E. K. Asiamemail@example.com||PetroleumEngineering|
|Prof. Dulu Appahfirstname.lastname@example.org||Gas Engineering|
|Dr. Grace Ofori-Sarpongemail@example.com||Petroleum Engineering|
|Dr. Boniface Orijifirstname.lastname@example.org||Petroleum Engineering|
|Dr. Saka Matemilolaemail@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org||Petroleum Engineering|
|Dr. Francis Bekaemail@example.com||Geoscience|
|Dr. Selegha Abrakasafirstname.lastname@example.org||Geology|
|Dr. Betram Ozumbaemail@example.com||Geology|
|Prof. Prince Mmomfirstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com||Geography & Environmental Management|
|Dr. Ibisime Etelafirstname.lastname@example.org||Animal Science|
|Dr. Akaha Tseemail@example.com||Geology|
|Dr. Koyejo Oduolafirstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com||Chemical Engineering|
|Prof. Ayoade Kuyefirstname.lastname@example.org||Chemical Engineering|
|Prof. Sunny Iyukeemail@example.com||Petroleum Engineering|
|Dr. Preye Orodufirstname.lastname@example.org||Petroleum Engineering|
|Prof. Charley Anyadiegwuemail@example.com||Petroleum Engineering|
|Prof. Obinna Anoliefofirstname.lastname@example.org; Oobidimbu@yahoo.com||Plant Science and Biotechnology|
|Prof. Ebenezer Okonkwoemail@example.com||Chemical Engineering|
|Prof. Godwin Igwefirstname.lastname@example.org||Chemical Engineering|
|Engr Chikezie Nwosuemail@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org||Petreoleum Engineering|
|Dr. Joseph Ellahemail@example.com||Petroleum Economics|
|Dr. Chijioke Nwaozuzufirstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com||Petroleum Economics|
|Prof. Bosa Okolifirstname.lastname@example.org||Microbiology|
|Dr. Boma Kinigomaemail@example.com||Petroleum Engineering|
|Prof. Chukwunonye Ojinnakafirstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com||Pure & Industrial Chemistry|
|Dr. Chioma Achugasimfirstname.lastname@example.org||Pure & Industrial Chemistry|
|Dr. Samuel Ofodileemail@example.com||Pure & Industrial Chemistry|
|Dr. Millicent Ibezim-Ezeanifirstname.lastname@example.org||Pure & Industrial Chemistry|
|Dr. Ikechukwu Abagwaemail@example.com||Plant Science and Biotechnology|
|Prof. David Ogbefirstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org||Petroleum Engineering|
|Prof. Roseline Konyaemail@example.com||Animal & Environmental Biology|
|Dr. David Igefirstname.lastname@example.org||Petroleum Engineering|
|Dr. Vincent Weliemail@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org||Geography & Environmental Management|
|Prof. Eunice Nwachukwuemail@example.com||Plant Science and Biotechnology|
|Dr. John Ugbegborfirstname.lastname@example.org||Environmental Engineering|
|Prof. Jonah Agunwambaemail@example.com||Environmental Engineering|
|Prof. Bene Abbeyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Biochemistry|
|Dr. Chioma Chikereemail@example.com||Microbiology|
|Prof. Julian Osujifirstname.lastname@example.org||Plant Science and Biotechnology|